Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Jamie Marchant, author of The Goddess's Choice and Demons in the Big Easy

Today I'm pleased to host Jamie Marchant author of Demons in the Big Easy. We're interviewing Cassandra, our protagonist. GB: When is your birthday? The fifteenth day of the third lunar month. I guess that would be around March 15 by your calendar. GB: What kind of music do you like? I think you call it jazz. I got quite attached to it during my earlier visits to Earth. GB: What does your name mean? It means Prophetess, quite a grandiose name for a simple old lady. GB: Are you an early riser? I am now. I can’t sleep as much as I did in my youth. GB: What subjects interest you the most? Herbal craft and healing. While my magic can bring death, I prefer to bring life. I only grieve that it wasn’t enough to save my own children. GB: Which are three 3 physical features you often get complimented on? Go on, now! Who compliments a seventy-year-old woman on her appearance? But in my youth, I was known for my lush hair and brilliant eyes. My eyes are still my best feature. GB: What are you excessively obsessive-compulsive about? My demon banishing spells. It’s important to be a bit obsessive about such things because a mistake can be fatal. GB: What do you prefer, eating salsa or dancing it? Definitely, eating. I’m much too old to be dancing salsa. My knees would never forgive me. GB: Do you believe in God? I believe in the Goddess, the great Mother of us all, and I suppose for there to be a mother, there must also be a father, but I have never concerned myself with him overly much. GB: What are your hobbies? With banishing demons, playing midwife, raising children, who has time for hobbies? GB: Is there someone you look up to? My old mentor, Briallen. GB: Why? She taught me everything I know. GB: Do you think it's okay to lie in certain circumstances? The truth is a sacred thing and should be treasured, but in circumstances where lives are at stake, lying is sometimes necessary. GB: What are the three things that you cannot live without? At my age, I’ve learned that things don’t mean a whole lot. Still, without my staff, I’d be prey to demons, and I couldn’t bear to lose either of my granddaughters. GB: Which was the scariest moment of your life? When I realized my granddaughter had fallen through an unstable gateway and I was the only one who could bring her back. GB: Well, thanks for giving us this interview. Look up Jamie at: Jamie Marchant, author of The Goddess's Choice and Demons in the Big Easy. Website: http://jamie-marchant.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamie-Marchant-Author/164706710298768?ref=hl Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5258855.Jamie_MarchantJamie Marchant, author of The Goddess's Choice and Demons in the Big Easy. Title: Demons in the Big Easy Author: Jamie Marchant Blurb: Adventurous in her youth, Cassandra built gateways between Domhan and its parallel realm of Earth. Now she’s too old for that kind of thing. But something is making it easier for demons to pass into Domhan. Not only that, but their behavior becomes inexplicable: whenever Cassandra banishes one, it laughs at her rather than resists, and it promises it will soon devour her essence and that of every resident of her small village. Cassandra is certain such a thing is impossible, for strong wards protect her village. But then Cassandra’s granddaughter Aine falls through an unstable gateway. Cassandra is the only one within a hundred miles capable of creating a gateway and bringing Aine back. Despite her aching joints, Cassandra goes after her, and the gateway lands her in New Orleans. But something goes wrong with her tracking spell, which indicates Aine exists in four different places at once. As Cassandra struggles to find the true location of her granddaughter in the Big Easy, she discovers the source of the demons’ confidence. Now, with an unlikely pair of allies—her timid granddaughter and a homeless man who may or may not be crazy—she has to not only save her granddaughter but also prevent both Domhan and Earth from being overrun by demons. Author Bio Jamie Marchant lives in Auburn, Alabama, with her husband, son, and four cats, which (or so she’s been told) officially makes her a cat lady. She teaches writing and literature at Auburn University. Her first novel The Goddess's Choice was released in April 2012 from Reliquary Press. She released Demons in the Big Easy in January 2013. She is hard at work on the sequel to The Goddess’s Choice, tentatively titled The Soul Stone. Her short fiction has been published in Bards & Sages, The World of Myth, and Short-story.me. Buy Link: Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Demons-Big-Easy-A-novella/dp/1481906984/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362059124&sr=8-1&keywords=demons+in+the+big+easy Contact Links (Facebook, Twitter, etc): Email: jamie-marchant@jamie-marchant.com Website: http://jamie-marchant.com/ Blog: http://jamie-marchant.blogspot.com/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamie-Marchant-Author/164706710298768?ref=hl Twitter: @RobrekSamantha Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5258855.Jamie_Marchant

No comments:

Post a Comment

elf

clarins