Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday in the trenches

Urgent care is a different world from normal family practice. It goes on every day of the week. You learn that people's illnesses are not limited to banker's hours. I think back on the days when I worked a Monday to Friday schedule like Veronica, with hospital calls before and after office hours. I don't miss it. This is so much more interesting, and if you can take care of someone right away, a lot of times they never have to go to the hospital. That seems ideal to me.
OTOH, it means sometimes I have to spend Sunday in the trenches, like today. Oh well, if it will help someone, then it's worth it. Cheers to Sundays.
Gab

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your dedication, Doc. Most folks rarely if ever consider what that "M.D." after your name does to your personal life. Sounds like you have a "healer's heart", and I'm glad to hear it.

    On a different note - I missed the "freebie" window for "Treating Murder", but the 54-page teaser grabbed me enough that I just bought the book on Smashwords. I'm an ex-cop, ex-EMT, and a dear friend is in the secondary progressive stage of MS, after several years in relapsing remitting.

    I'll post reviews in the appropriate places when I finish the book. :-)

    Blessings,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Sounds like you have spent plenty of your own time serving others. :-)

      Delete
    2. Reviews posted on Smashwords & Goodreads... anywhere else I can post? Seems to me the more interest and encouragement I help generate, the sooner we'll see the rest of "Dead Wrong". :-)
      BTW - I'm not on Facebook or Twitter, and I don't pay much attention to my Google+ or LinkedIn. Email works fine for me; I'm rather fond of privacy. My wife has referred to me as her "hermit" on occasion.

      Delete

elf

clarins