Saturday, October 5, 2013

Boo Amazon!

I apologize to all of my supporters, and to all of the wonderful websites who work so hard to promote indie authors. The three advertised and scheduled free days for Treating Murder were interrupted not once but twice.

The short version of events is this:
(Keep in mind that the independent publishing branch of amazon does not accept phone calls, so all communications with them is via email, with a different representative each time, and approximately 24 hours between replies. This obviously leads to confusion and delay.)
October 2 was missed because of miscellaneous other corporate snafus that are not entirely on amazon. We'll give them a pass on that.
October 3 we were up and running, only one day late! Hooray!
Then, due to the above email situation, I awoke October 4, the last scheduled promotional day, to find that Treating Murder was again off promotion. I urgently emailed, and called the regular amazon customer service line to fix this while people were expecting to find it available for free. No go.

So again, I apologize that I was unable to have Treating Murder available free as scheduled. I will set up another promotion soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

elf

clarins